Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Housewarming Mini Album

Home is where your heart is. Where your family is and where you make lots and lots of memories. I still remember looking for our first house. The first houses we looked at made us think we would never find our "home". We had to expand our search to the next town, but we found the perfect house. We lived there for 11 wonderful years. Now we're in our second house and going on 11 years again. I don't think we'll be moving any time soon, but I do wonder how long we'll be here. Our house now is two stories and I look forward to someday moving to a single story again. If only my son worked closer we could just swap houses. LOL. His new house is a single story and is the perfect layout for us.

My project today is  a mini album that I've been working on for my son and daughter in law. For the front cover I used one of the invitations from their housewarming party.


The chipboard covers were made from the back of paper packs. The ribbon and buttons were all from my stash. I saw a video on YouTube for a mini album using z-fold pages. They were made using two different sizes of envelopes. The video, by Follow the Paper Trail is here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED-A8k4YUmc

I love her videos and instructions. I really wanted to make an album exactly the way she did hers, but I didn't have the same envelopes. I ended up using stationary with matching envelopes and thank you cards with envelopes.


It's almost impossible to see the envelopes in these pictures so I'll have to take some more so that you can see what I'm talking about. I'll be back in a couple days with more pictures and more pages.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a creation of love! Thank you for the story, too! Great album!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@myemc.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great...can't wait to see some more pics though as I'm often "challenged" trying to picture some of the cards & albums I hear about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cindy,
    I am always so inspired by what you do on your blog. Love the mini album.
    I "honored" you with a blog award on my blog. You can check it out at http://www.life-and-mixed-media.com/
    Happy Craftin, Elizabeth a/k/a dansgg

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.