Thursday, June 4, 2015

Craftroom Update

Well, here we are at the beginning of June. It's been almost three months since moving day and I'm still working on my scrappy room. I had the layout the way I thought I wanted it and then changed my mind again. I had the closet the way I thought I wanted it and changed my mind again. Who knows where this will all end?
Here are a few pictures of the updates:

This first picture is when I thought I was done and had everything where it would be.

Then, I decided to "re-do" my closet so that I would have more storage. I had a closet company that was going to come out and put two shelves above my paper racks and cubes. Well, I got impatient and decided to take everything out myself and take down the existing wire shelf and clothes bar.

Once the closet was cleared out I started measuring and realized my Ikea Expedit would fit perfectly (almost) in the bottom of the closet. I removed all of the albums and stuff on top. Luckily my dear husband was home to help with the big lifting.

Here is the finished closet. My paper racks and a small bookcase fit perfectly on top of the Ikea Expedit. You can't see it in the picture but there is a shelf in the top of the closet for storage. I didn't want to see it so I had the closet guy install it above the closet opening. It's perfect for storing my space heater and craft bags for traveling (among other things) that I don't use or want to see on a regular basis. Once I had everything set up I decided I didn't want to put the mirrored doors back on so they are being stored in a downstairs closet for now.

Then I had to do something about my cabinets. I wanted a flat surface for working, but I also wanted storage on the sides. I decided to use my cubes at each end.

I added a few accessories and I think I'm done.

Close-up of the workspace I have now.
 
 
This is a picture of the opposite wall where I have my large desk.


 
 
I think I'm getting closer to crafting. I actually used that little bit of clear space on my desk to do some coloring for a 30 day coloring challenge on Facebook. I'll post information for that soon. 
 
 




3 comments:

  1. Loving it Cindy. Especially the closet. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA! you sound like me..ALWAYS rearranging my crafts...its my new hobby...LOL!! I think yours looks PERFECT!! Of course I'd have to come and craft in it to make sure. HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, I LOVE your room. It really looks like a wonderful place to create!!
    xxSusan

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.