Friday, December 9, 2011

Birthday Banner

I just have to say 'I LOVE MY CRICUT!' Before having my Cricut I would have never been able to make such pretty personalized things. I'll admit that I spend a lot of money on my Cricut habit, but it also saves me a lot of money. Take for example this banner. If I wanted a birthday banner before having my Cricut I would have bought one. It would have cost me more money and it wouldn't have looked as nice. It also wouldn't be personalized with Khloë's name or have the perfect pink color and her favorite penguins.


I still need to add some more tulle and make it a little fluffier (LOL), but you get the idea. This was my very first time making rosettes too. I think I'm hooked. It was so fun. I want  to add rosettes to everything now.



For the font I used the Monogram setting on the Gypsy Font. I really like the swirly cut-outs in the letters so that you can see the background color. The scallop triangle banners were cut using Birthday Bash. After cutting the pink triangle pieces I ran them through my cuttlebug and embossed them with dots.



Khloë likes penguins and they are the theme for her birthday. I found the cute little penguin for her banner on the Create a Critter cartridge. One of my favorite cartridges. There's a critter for every occasion.

Next I'll be making some party favors, but first I need to make a trip to the Jelly Belly Factory for some pink, black and white jelly beans. Have a great weekend everyone. Cindy

5 comments:

  1. Cindy, it turned out ADORABLE!!!!!! I haven't made a banner yet...or tried rosettes, for that matter & now I really wanna jump right in & try both!! I'm glad that you're having so much fun getting ready for your Little Princesses' birthday party...& she's a very lucky little girl to have you in charge of the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy -

    It is so darling - how wonderful to make personalized gifts like this that are better than anything you could buy!

    The color choices and the font choices are perfection. And who doesn't love a little penguin as an added attraction? Her scarf is perfect for a December baby.

    Hope to see more of the party decor soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy -

    I love your banner, and the colors you used. Much better than anything you could buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful banner! I love the hot pink/black and white combo. And..oh my goodness...all of that fabulous ribbon and tulle...how girly! What a wonderful, colorful, fun birthday party this is going to be, happy birthday to your little Khloe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice banner. Well done. Merry Christmas to you all the long way from Malta, Europe.

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.