Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cupcake House Warming Party Favor

I have a special little box to share today. My son and daughter in law are in the process of buying a house right now and will hopefully be able to have a house-warming party in the next couple of months. I'm so excited for them and very proud of their accomplishments. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful daughter in law. We get along great and love to craft together.

I had this idea pop in my head for cupcake boxes that look like moving boxes. I used a piece of 12x12 craft paper cut in half. This way I'm able to make two boxes with one piece of paper. A little scoring and cutting and there you go.


The arrow is a clear stamp from the set called Adventure USA from Close to my Heart. The words are just written by me.


On this first example I cut out a scallop circle with a Stampin' Up punch to make a window to see the cupcake inside. Thank You was stamped using a clear stamp from the set called Say it in Style by Close to my Heart.



On my second example I used a cuttlebug embossing folder to make the craft paper looked corrugated like cardboard. I like the way it turned out. I also used a Spellbinders Nestability to cut the rectangular opening on this one. I then used that cut-out as the tag on top of the box.


I really like the way these boxes came out. Super easy to make, but super cute as well.

7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Could those be any cuter!!! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! Love the details and that you wrote "fragile" and "this side up" just like they moving boxes!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea!! They are just adorable! And the cupcake looks so yummy. Did you make them?

    CarolynG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea! This is one of the cutest cupcakes boxes I've ever saw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun box..I was so thinking you have something inside that box and love the little thrill I got.

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.