Todays project is for my niece that will be turning 14 this weekend. I started out making rosettes in her chosen colors of pink and black. I think I made 13 of them. I'm not sure why I made all of the rosettes before I made the other banner pieces. 13 rosettes later and I realize they are not the size I need for my banner. I used Ribbons and Rosettes for the Rosettes.
I cut out the pennants and letters and glued everything together minus the rosettes. I felt guilty for not using the rosettes after all of the hard work and paper that went into them so I used one at each end of the banners and then a grouping of 3 behind the word 'Birthday'.
Here is a close up of the middle section:
For the font I used the Gypsy Font that comes pre-loaded on the Gypsy. I used a Spellbinders die for the scallop circles behind the letters. The pennant pieces for the banner were cut from Birthday Bash. I can't remember which cartridge I used to cut 'Birthday' so I'll have to come back and post that later. I think the scalloped half circle under 'Birthday' was cut using Art Philosophy, but I did have to resize it so that it would be longer and not as tall.
30 minutes ago