Thursday, July 19, 2012

House Warming Invitations

I'm back with another House Warming item. My son and daughter in law should be closing on their house on August 8th. I am so happy and excited for them. (I think I've said that a dozen times!)

I was watching YouTube videos a few nights ago (this is my nightly ritual lately) and I came across a stair step card that someone was making for her realtor. I fell in love with it and thought it would be perfect for an invitation for a house warming party. Here is a link to the YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE8IEKc-eig if you'd like to take a look. I also saw a similar card on Pinterest that was made for a housewarming party. That one was made by Sharon White at http://www.sharonsscrappyspace.com/2012/05/house-warming-card-tutorial-now-available.html .

I used papers to match the color of my son and daughter in laws house and I left off the fence because they don't have a fence in their new front yard.


For the trees I used two different cartridges. The middle tree is from Just Because Cards (I bought this cartridge just for that cut because I LOVE it). The other two trees were cut from ? (I'll have to double check that) The house was cut from Create a Critter. I didn't like the windows the way they were so I hid them with my Gypsy and used hearts from the George cartridge instead. I also made the house a little skinnier and taller with my Gypsy. The sold sign is from Freshly Picked. I added a piece of white card stock on top of the sign and stamped 'Sold' with letter stamps from Close to my Heart. It's a Party is also a stamp from Close to my Heart. The grass was made by using the Martha Stewart Icicle punch. The little flowers are from an old punch that I got from Creative Memories.


The party information is hidden in one of the valleys of the card.


So far I have 6 done and about 20 more to do. It's a good thing they are super simple to make.  If you have any questions please feel free to leave me a comment.

Thank you for looking. Cindy

15 comments:

  1. OM gosh, these are so cute. I want to make a layout like that. I have a gypsy and hate it. I have taken 2 classes and still can't seem to understand it nor really see the images. Too small. Love the invitations. Very cute idea.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea for an invitation and the fact you are doing them for your son and daughter-in-law makes them that much more special. I love that tree as well and the way you changed the house to what you like is inspiring... I have to do more of that !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Cindy, these are sooooo cute!!! I'm glad that you're enjoying making so many goodies to help "the kids" celebrate getting their 1st house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is WOW! These are fantastic. You say they are simple, but they have a terrific impact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these invites! They are adorable!!!!!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! You are ambitious!!! They are so detailed and fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, these are just tooooo stinkin' cute. I'm sure your son and DIL loved them!!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so sweet!
    Adorable invites, too!
    She is one fortunate daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your invitations are so gorgeous. I love all of the fun details you added, you did an amazing job! I am popping over from the Circle MB and am already a follower :)

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun and creative card! Great work! Visiting from the Circle MB link!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything you have made for the party so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh these invites are stunning and will great on a scrap book page fo the party!! so fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are amazing invites!!! I love them! I look forward to browsing the rest of your projects! :)

    Came by from the circle MB,
    Michele

    http://scrap-n-dance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love this. These are so sweet looking right down to the heart shaped windows.

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.