Thursday, January 10, 2013

Project Life Cover Page

Happy New Year! I guess I'm a little behind, it's already January 10th! Where does the time go? I know I've been busy. How about you? I thought for sure after Christmas everything would settle back down, but then there was New Years and then my birthday.

We don't do much for New Year's but we did drive to our son and daughter in laws house about an hour away and then went to dinner with them and our grand-daughter. It was the perfect way for us to say goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013 (even though we were home and in bed before midnight).

My goal for 2013 is to do a Project Life album. I tried last year, but I didn't really GET the concept and I didn't stick with it. I thought it was just about taking a picture a day. This year I know it's about documenting our daily lives. (At least that's what it's going to be for me) So far I've done pretty good. I've taken a picture every day, but this time all of the pictures mean something to me. If I take a picture of a random flower this year it will be because it's my favorite color or kind of flower instead of taking a picture of a flower just because I need to take a picture for the day.

So far I've gotten my front page completed and most of my week one. I'm still adding some things to week one so I'll post a picture of that when it's complete. For my front/title page I used pictures from Christmas because we took a picture of all of us together and another picture of my older son and his family. Our younger son is still single so he got his own picture. LOL.

I'm using the Project Life kit that I already had from last year and throwing in other things here and there. The title cards and the cardstock are each from the Project Life Cobalt kit.


The font on the left side that says Hello 2013 is from the Cricut Cartridge Opposites Attract, cut at 1.5". The other words on the title cards that are cut from cardstock were cut using the Boys will be Boys Cricut Cartridge and cut at 1.25". I added a little bit of green ribbon on each of the title cards to cover up the white space that is for the date. I think I will go back and add a pull out journaling card behind the bottom title card. I might add any resolutions the family has or stuff like that.

As soon as I get week one completed I'll come back and post pictures. Today I'm off to get my hair done though...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.