Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My New Craft Room

How can I be crafty without a craft room? This is a crafting blog after all, so I thought I would update everyone on the progress I've made on the new room.

This first picture is one of the other rooms, but I wanted to give you an idea of what my craft room first looked like with carpet.

One of the contingencies of buying the house was that the seller would continue the wood flooring into my room. I love the way it looks. You can see in this picture I've started to map out where everything will go. I have high hopes for a flat screen tv on the wall. Lol.

The first pieces arrive. From this angle you can see that my craft room looks into the family room. I wanted a room that is close to the family so I could still feel like a part of everything.

On one side of the closet I'll stack my cubes from Michael's. On the other side of the closet I'll have my three paper holders.

More planning. It's really hard to know how a space will feel just by tape on the floor. These cubes won't stay here, but they give me a sense of how much room I will have to walk around my desk and cabinets when they arrive.

I still have a long way to go before I'm done, but I'm hoping it will all be worth it. It's amazing how much stuff I've accumulated over the years. I think it's time for a major purge or maybe I need to have a big crafting party and provide all the supplies.

Check back next week for part two of My New Craft Room.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, be patient, Grasshopper...you will get there! And when you do, you can bet we'll all be jealous of your latest and greatest Scrappy Kingdom! BTW, are you gonna keep the closest doors or ditch 'em??

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.