Thursday, November 29, 2012

December Daily

Are you doing a December Daily album? I had no idea what it was or how it was done until a friend (thank you Sara!) posted about it on the Cricut Message Board. It sounds like a lot of fun and a good way to get some of my scrapbooking done. Sara was nice enough to give us lots of information and links to sites with more information.

From what I can gather this December Daily stuff started years ago with Ali Edwards. Here is a link to Ali's December Daily 2012 foundation pages. There is a lot of information on her blog about the December Daily project as well as Project Life.

The basic concept is to document each day in December with a photo or journaling or both.  Being a scrapbooker at heart it's a little hard for me to jump right into the simplicity of the December Daily. I love the idea and the look of the books I've seen on line, but I think mine will be a little more scrapbooky (new word there). Since I'm trying to use what I have instead of buying a bunch of (fun) stuff for this project, I dug through my closet and bins of stash. I came across a couple of 8x8 albums that I've had since 2004, unused!




The red one has pre-made Valentine's Day type of pages and the blue one has pre-made winter type pages (perfect for December). We don't get snow here in California, but I think that will be ok. Maybe one day in December we can take a short trip to Nevada and take some snow pictures.


The books only have 20 pre-made pages in each one so I'll be on my own for the additional 11 pages. I think it will be a nice way to break up all the snow flakes anyway. I'll just have to find a way to add in a little more color. I think this is going to be a really fun project. I hope I can keep up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.