Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Update on Blogger Storage

I have an update on my storage issue. Thanks to a lot of help from the girls on the Cricut Message Board I was able to make a little more room in my storage so that I can upload photos again. It's a long tedious process, but it's coming along. I guess I've been adding pictures completely wrong for the past two years and now I have to spend countless hours fixing it.

Instead of adding pictures to Picasa first (which will automatically resize them correctly) and then adding them to my blog, I've been adding pictures straight from my computer at original size. This, I have learned, is way too big and takes up way too much space. Anything under 800x800 pixels will not count towards used space on Picasa, so the trick is to make sure all pictures are under that size. When I looked at my pictures I found that most of them are downloaded at 1600x1200 pixels.

What I've been doing to fix my past mistake is to delete the oversized pictures and re-save them in Picasa from my computer. Picasa changes the size to something under 800 pixels and then I can go back and add the pictures back to my blog. Warning! This is a very long process. I worked on it for a couple of hours last night and another couple of hours this morning. All of that work and I only freed up 2% of space. It's enough to start doing things correctly though. I can now add pictures again, so I am happy. I will go in periodically and clean up more of the pictures when I find the time.

If you're having the same problem I hope I've given enough information to get you started in the process of cleaning up your pictures as well. Please feel free to leave me any comments or questions you might have and I'll try my best to answer. I'm still learning this so I don't know if there is an easier way, but for now this is working for me.

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. ROTFLOL!! Had the same problem and I too am in the process of shrinking/reposting my photos. I'm shrinking my photos down to 500 pixels and I've done 8 photos so far....only 660 more photos to go.....LOL!!!at least now I can post and yeah..it's a long process but I few photos a week and I'll get them done.
    Now that you've fixed your problem get back to creating and show us what you've done. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.