Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day card

Valentine's Day. A day of love. A day of chocolate and flowers! My sweet husband had mini roses sent to my work. We tried to transplant a couple of our large roses in the yard last year and they didn't make it, so he wanted to give me something to replace them.


For him I made dinner and a card. The dinner was D E L I C I O U S if I do say so myself. You see, I don't usually cook, but lately I've been trying some recipes I found on Pinterest and so far so good. I've made three things that I've never tried before and all three were winners. Last nights dinner was Taco Cupcakes. They tasted like nachos to me and I love nachos. I guess it was the Queso that's added in the layers. Here is a link to the website with the recipe:  http://www.emilybites.com/2011/08/taco-cupcakes.html and here is a picture. Yummmm


For the card I made I used the new Cricut Circle exclusive Sophie cartridge. It was the first time I've used it, but it won't be my last. There are a lot of pretty frames on the cartridge. Here is the card:


Every cut on the card was from the Sophie cartridge. I embossed the lock with my cuttlebug and then pop dotted it to give it dimension and make it stand out a little more. I also inked the edges of the scallop oval behind the lock.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and that it continues through the year.
Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Not sure which looked more delicious... the food or the card! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.