Thursday, May 9, 2013

More Mothers Day Cards

After making the easel card/Mother's Day card for the Scrapbook Day challenge I realized I needed a couple more. I decided to try some other colors and I love the way they came out.
Here they are:

 
This picture is  a little better, but you can see my messy desk in the background. (-:
 

I thought for sure pink was the best color for a Mother's Day card, but now that I have them done in purple and yellow as well I'm not sure which one is my favorite.


And a close-up of the purple and yellow. The butterflies and leaves are from the Sophie cartridge. Butterflies from page 27 and cut at 1.5". The leaves are from page 41 and cut at 2.5" and 2.7".


The original card I made using Spellbinders dies to cut the centers out. For the new cards I used my gypsy and picked a shape from the Cricut Just Because Cards cartridge to cut out the center. Then I used that same piece to make the inside of the card. Yep, double duty with one cut. Lots of layering and a little stamping, oh and don't forget the bling. (-:

The shape I used from Just Because Cards for the center is from page 27. It's the image you get when you push the shift button on the watermelon card. On the colored piece of cardstock that is cut at 4.75" x 4.75" I centered the image and cut it at 2.88". Then I cut the white top layer of cardstock at 4.5" x 4.5" and cut the same image out of the center at 3.15". The card is 5" x 5" when closed.

6 comments:

  1. So very pretty and a great Mothers Day card that any mother would love. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, Cindy! I especially love the yellow one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous!!! Perfect cards and I know they will be loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I love the colors! You are truly a talented card maker. I would love a card like one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.