Sunday, December 2, 2012

December Daily Cover and Day One

I finally finished the cover of my December Daily. I didn't go with the first album I chose. Instead I'm using the paper bag album and needed to make a chipboard cover for it. I've never made a chipboard cover like this so it was a little intimidating, but I got it done.
 
 
I used two of my favorite Cricut cartridges for this. Merry Christmas was cut at 3 3/4" from the Artiste cartridge. The tree was cut at 4 1/2" from Art Philosophy. The tag and 2012 were cut from Art Philosophy at 1" and 1 1/2" respectively.
 
The first of December and my first page include a picture of desk and the huge mess I made while making my December Daily album.
 
 
The page lifts up to reveal my journaling and an additional picture of my son getting our Christmas decorations out of the attic.
 
 
The picture is matted and has a tab on the side with a number 1 on it for December 1st. It pulls out of the pocket.
 
 
I will see you back here tomorrow with my December 2nd story and page. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your cover & your 1st page!!! The project looks so much more like YOU now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond beautiful. I love the flap that opens to show the journaling! Your colors and papers are so gorgeous-- and the style of your book really is so interesting. It makes me wish I could hold it and look at everything in person!

    I want to figure out a way to do a 'lift the flap' element in my book now!

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.