Monday, June 20, 2011

Pink and Green Scraps

Welcome to another week of scraps. I hope everyone had a nice Father's Day yesterday. We had nice weather and spent the day at home with our boys, daughter in law and grandbaby.
For todays layout I decided to pull out my pink scraps from the pile. And what goes better with pink than green? This is my favorite color combo these days.
The 12x12 background papers are the only ones that were not scraps. If you look really close you can see that the strip of pink and the pink Cricut cuts are slightly lighter than the background papers. I didn't have the exact same paper in my scraps to make these cuts, but I think it's okay.
The large scallop circle was cut at 3" from the Storybook cartridge in pink and again at 2 1/2" for the inner white piece. The twig looking things were cut at 2 1/2" and also from the Storybook cartridge. The wavy edges on the green patterned paper was cut using a Creative Memories wavey cutter. The sketch for this layout is just a single 12x12 page, so I was on my own for the right side of my double layout.
These Pagemaps sketches are really helping me out. It's so much easier when I don't have to worry about the layout. I just pick papers and go at it. Once I get my stack of scraps turned into a stack of layouts I will go back and start adding pictures, titles and journaling. I'll be sure to post them when they are complete.
I also want to say Thank You to everyone that has left a message for me along the way. I really enjoy reading your comments. I will have another layout posted tomorrow. Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Just bought this book and am loving the inspiration. Your layout is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Y'know, I've never tried a pagemap, you've inspired me to try it one of these days, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great layout! I love the white highlights that you added to your scalloped circle...I need to remember to do that more often!!

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.