Tuesday, June 21, 2011

S.E.I Scraps

Are you getting the feeling that I had a lot of scraps on my desk? I was starting to wonder where they all came from. I know I've used pieces of these papers before, but when? How long have they been on my desk? The curiosity got to me and I had to figure it out. For todays layout the scraps dated back to March 14th and 19th when I was making baby pages. Three months ago! Okay, so I don't clean off my desk very often. LOL. I guess a quarterly cleaning is more my speed. I'm not even going to try to kid myself and say that once I have it all cleaned up I'll keep it that way. I know me, and I know I'll end up having anothe pile of scraps quickly. Maybe it's because I love paper so much. I want to see all the pretty colors all the time. Heehee.
Okay, onto my layout.
The green background paper was not scraps, but everything else came from "the pile". All of the patterned papers are from S.E.I. They came in a pack called Chick-a-doo from 8/2003. Yep, I've probably had it that long and hadn't used it. I'm not sure why since I really do like it.
My go-to Cricut cartridge these days seems to be Storybook. All of the cuts on these pages are from that cartridge. The paper tab edges (is that what it's called?) on a few of the papers were done using an EK Success border punch. I also inked just about every edge with my Stampin' Up ink pads and sponges.
The sketch I used is from page 12 of Page Maps 2. It was made for an 8 1/2x11" page, but was easy to adapt to a 12x12" page. Then I added the second page to make a double layout.
Are you following along in my challenge? Do you have your own challenge? I would love to hear about it. Do you sort and file your scraps? Do you save them or toss them? Do you have a tip for scraps? Please share.

6 comments:

  1. Girl...you are on a roll! Love the colors and style of this layout, very pretty! By the way, I think a quarterly cleaning system is perfectly acceptable...works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors one this layout seem so soothing...love that! I'm not doing the challenge yet; maybe after I get back from my big vacation & the next Circle event I can start. I do have the books though & really had no idea how to start using them...thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great layout using scraps..awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting some awesome pages from the scraps.

    I keep my PP scraps in a 12x12 plastic drawer. My cardstock scraps are under my craft table near my timmer. I find I use them up when I am making cards with my cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout! I have a ton of scraps to use up too! I use one of those Iris towers with the six 12X12 boxes to store my scraps in. They are sorted by colour. I always look to my scrap stash first when choosing my papers, especially for cards.

    ReplyDelete

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks.